Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage provides financial information for public and private companies, as well as industry overviews. It contains similar information to that found in the Mergent database. It also has a more intuitive interface for students exploring the financial landscape for the first time.
While S&P NetAdvantage covers many companies and industries, it may be useful to use other search tools for different purposes:
- Academic Search Complete provides searching across a core collection of approximately 800 multi-disciplinary journals, and offers immediate full text articles for most of the results. Good for basic searching.
- Business Source Complete provides deeper searching across thousands of business journals, and offers immediate full text articles for many results.
- Regional Business News searches into business trade newspapers and news sources.
- Scopus searches across a wide range of journal articles, and provides immediate links to the full text of many, while offering 3-day turnaround on those we need to borrow from other libraries. It also offers ranking of articles and journals by impact based upon citation patterns. You can follow a research front using this tool.
- Value Line Investment Survey for Investment information covering equity issues, model portfolios, and economic and stock-market statistics.
- More comprehensive searching may be provided using other related subject specific journal indexes.