NEWS: The latest news on many topics can be found using various indexes on our News Resources page.
FACTS: The latest facts from dictionaries and encyclopedias can be found searching the tools on our Facts/Definitions page.
DATA: Data can be found using the resources found on our Statistics and our Handling Information and Data pages.
RESEARCH REPORTS and EXPERT OPINION (books)
Expert opinions can be found in books: see our local book catalog for searching. You may want to expand your search to the I-Share state-wide catalog (using the drop-down option on the right edge of the search box) or our electronic book page.
RESEARCH REPORTS and EXPERT OPINION (journals)
Expert opinions can also be found in journals using our indexes and journal packages.
Search in "Core" Journals:
Academic Search Complete will search for journal articles across 800 core interdisciplinary journals.
- search by keywords, then use the facets on the left side to limit ... by year, Academic (scholarly) article, Magazine (popular) article
- use Advanced Search options to apply additional limits by treatment type, and other approaches
If you want to perform deeper searching of many more Journals, Conference Materials, etc:
- Central Index provides broad coverage of journals and selected other materials.
- Scopus indexes articles in science, mathematics, medicine, technology, and the social sciences. Scopus provides citation tracking, the Source Normalized Impact per Paper and SCImago Journal Rank through its Journal Analyzer. This database does NOT search conference material.
- CINAHL Complete. Articles and evidence-based care sheets on nursing and allied-health topics.
- MEDLINE with Full Text. Articles from medical journals.
- NCBI National Center for Biotechnology Information provides access to biomedical and genomic information.
- Greenfile. Articles on environmental issues.
- Current Index to Statistics (coverage stops in 2017)
- Google Scholar provides free searching of keywords and authors across a wide a selection of academic journals.
- For more comprehensive searching in other disciplines, see the full list of subject tools listed on our Databases page.
Advanced Searching Options (citation tracking, controlled subject searching, multimedia):
- Academic Video Online. Online streaming video on many academic topics.
- Digital Einstein Papers -- the complete contents of the 26 volumes published to date of the press’s huge print edition of The Collected Papers, which is expected to expand by 30 more volumes during the next two decades.The publications so far cover the first 44 years of Einstein’s life, from 1879 to 1923: up to the period of great acclaim following his winning the 1921 Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Films on Demand. Streaming videos in all topic areas, including physical science, searchable by subject, title, or special collection.
- Government Information. Search for government reports and research results.
- Scopus. Articles in science, mathematics, medicine, technology, and the social sciences. Scopus provides citation tracking, the Source Normalized Impact per Paper and SCImago Journal Rank through its Journal Analyzer. View a tutorial on how to use the Journal Analyzer.
In-depth searching using subject-specific journal indexes
Since SCOPUS only covers a core set of journals in each field, for more comprehensive (deep) searching of journals in a field you will need to perform searches and study the results from a subject-specific journal index ... which does not provide quantitative citation analyses.
In these journal indexes you will want to:
- Search by subject keywords to find historical journal coverage.
- Use the facets to view the most frequent subject terms for broader coverage.
- Consider related subject indexes for finding multidisciplinary materials.