Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Copyright © 2013 | The Library at Saint Xavier University, 3700 W. 103rd St., Chicago, IL 60655 | Phone (773) 298-3352 | Fax (773) 298-5231 | Email: email@example.com | MyMail | MySXU
Middle Grade & Elementary Books
Center on Halsted is a community center dedicated to the health and well-being of the LGBTQIA community in Chicago and beyond.
- The Lambda Literary Awards (better known as the Lammys) have been presented yearly since 1989 and celebrate the best in lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender books. Winners are announced every year in June.
- The Rainbow List, compiled yearly since 2008 by the Rainbow List Book Committee of the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Roundtable of the American Library Association, celebrates the best in authentic representations of GLBTQ content for youth.
- The Stonewall Book Awards, named for the Stonewall Uprisings, have celebrated the best in GLBT literature for adults and youth since 1971—only two years after Stonewall! Awards are announced early, in January or February.
- Random House has compiled a list of great LGBTQIA reads!
- Out & Equal has a list of books and movies for Pride.