The multiple-database search tool is useful for finding an exact known item or for searching across many databases at one time.
- This tool performs simultaneous searches across many databases and may help you discover esoteric content.
- This tool will locate multimedia materials not included in other search tools.
- You will retrieve MANY results, so be prepared to spend time reviewing and/or narrowing down your results.
WARNING: This search tool is not appropriate for comprehensive scholarly searching. It's not as precise as subject-specific tools—it doesn't always include advanced search and display options. For more complete and deeper searching, see the subject tools listed on our Databases page.
NOTE: To quickly locate fulltext journal articles from a core collection of journals consider using our Academic Search Complete aggregator database.
- Remember to use synonyms for your key concepts -- for example (car or automobile) and (accident or collision).
- Refine your initial results with both additional terms and the result screen facets (sub-clusters of results by subject terms, date, material type, and so on).
- Once you have completed your search, you may want to expand your searching using multidisciplinary news resources, and perhaps specialized search tools such as Scopus which offer enhanced discovery through creative techniques such as citation tracking.