This site contains an ever-growing collection of materials relating to our SXU history.
The materials we are adding include official publications of the University, documents created by the University, images of the University, and materials discussing the history of the University.
- First in Chicago: a History of Saint Xavier University, by Joy Clough, RSM (Sisters of Mercy)
- This book is also found in our paper collection at LD4865.S32 C56 1997
- Theology Symposium, John XXIII Institute: Ten of the world's foremost Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox theologians participated in a 4-day symposium sponsored by Saint Xavier College. Each of the theologians delivered an address on a different theological problem confronting Christianity today. The talks were original contributions to the field, with concentrations on the development of doctrine as a prerequisite to the solution of theological differences and units. Some of the topics included combating atheism, women as priests, and the concept of God in relation to man. This volume contains the roster of attendees, biographies of the speakers, and news clippings of the event. The presentations are published as a separate volume: The Word in History; the St. Xavier Symposium, edited by T. Patrick Burke. New York, Sheed and Ward . BT80 .B8 1966 Special Collections (Non-Circulating)
MERCY & SPIRITUAL MATERIALS:
Mercy Mission -- library web page discussing our Mercy history, including student videos on our history.
Photograph Collection (from the University Archives)
We will be building a finding aid to selected images in our Archives photograph collection.
Entry points will be:
- Important People (Sisters, Presidents, Faculty, Visitors)
- Important Places (historical buildings and sites)
- Important Events
- Themes over Time (i.e. Diversity, Fashion, Candid Shots, etc.)