All Library purchases are shelved in the library. The Library will acquire materials if they meet the purchasing guidelines, and the budget permits. Faculty should use this Purchase Request process to submit titles. To ensure the best use of University funds, the Library has the following guidelines:
- Highly specialized monographs that do not assist students are not priority purchases.
- Items purchased must relate to a course taught at the University.
- The Library Director will review requests costing more than $100.00 for a single volume or item.
- Only one copy of an item will be purchased.
- Material in languages other than English will be purchased if it directly supports courses taught at the University.
- Paperback formats are preferred over hardbacks.
- Requests for database subscriptions should be sent to the Library Director.