Read a psychology book from among those listed in the next tab of this guide. Write a four page (typed and double-spaced) critical analysis. Deadline for choosing the book: January 31st, deadline for handing in the report: May 1st, and only hard copies will be accepted.
Here are some questions you might ask as you read the book:
- What is the aim of the book? What does the author wish to accomplish?
- What arguments does the author make to support his or her position?
- What research findings are brought to bear on the argument?
- Does the author elaborate some theoretical framework? What is it?
- Is the argument convincing?
- What do you think about the book? Has the book deepened your understanding of the human person? How?